Tennis Elbow Treatment in Santa Monica, CA
Painful conditions of the bones and joints can make it hard to enjoy the life and activities you love. From time with family to sports and completing day-to-day tasks can be frustrating without treatment. Tennis elbow (also called lateral epicondylitis) is an overuse injury of the tendons on the outside of the elbow often caused by repetitive motion such as from tennis or other activities.
Tennis elbow is managed with a variety of different options including conservative therapies or surgical treatment depending on your specific case. Do you need tennis elbow treatment? Call (424) 365-1800 or contact Vitality Integrative Medicine online.
Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
Symptoms of tennis elbow will vary depending on your specific case but can include:
- Burning or pain felt on the outside of the elbow
- A weak grip
- Worsening symptoms with activities that use forearm muscles like shaking hands, holding a racquet, or turning a wrench
Causes of Tennis Elbow
Tennis elbow results from damage to the system of muscles and tendons that join the bones of the forearm to the upper arm. Small tears in stabilizing muscles from overuse may cause inflammation and pain , or bony bumps in the arm may wear the structures out over time.
Tennis elbow is a slowly developing condition. Pain and weakness of the arm will get progressively worse of a period of weeks or months and symptoms are not associated with a specific injury or event. While not every patient will know what triggered their tennis elbow, a few common practices can influence its development, these include:
- Overuse: Moving the same muscles back and forth in the same motion may cause damage resulting in pain and inflammation.
- Age : Most tennis elbow cases occur in patients between the age of 30 and 50, but it can happen at any age.
- Repetitive activities: Any movement that requires strong use of the forearms could develop tennis elbow. This includes painters, carpenters, plumbers, and other athletes like weight lifters.
- Unknown factors: Sometimes tennis elbow happens without a clear cause. Treatment is the same for these cases.
Treatment for Tennis Elbow
Treating tennis elbow will depend greatly on your symptoms and activity level. The majority of patients will recover from the condition without surgery. Common treatments for tennis elbow include:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS)
- Physical therapy
- Dry needling
- Equipment evaluations
- Steroid injections
Get Help for Tennis Elbow
There is no better time to begin treatment for your tennis elbow. With so many management options, you can get back to life, and back to the game more quickly. For a consultation, call our office today at (424) 365-1800 or contact Vitality Integrative Medicine online.
Vitality Integrative Medicine
Address4849 Van Nuys Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Areas We Service:Studio City, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Burbank, CA, Encino, CA, Glendale, CA, Los Angeles, CA, North Hollywood, CA, San Fernando, CA, Santa Monica, CA, Tarzana, CA, Toluca Lake, CA, Valley Village, CA, Van Nuys, CA, West Hollywood, CA